Associate Professor, Director of Cytopathology
Medical Doctor, Tbilisi State Medical University, Republic of Georgia
Residency in Anatomic & Clinical Pathology, University of Missouri-Columbia, MO
Fellowship in Cytopathology, Saint Louis University Hospital, Quest Laboratories, St. Louis, MO
Associate Professor of Pathology
Director of Cytopathology
Assistant Professor of Pathology
Certifications: Anatomical Pathology; Clinical Pathology; Cytopathology
- Fine needle aspiration biopsy of pancreas, thyroid, lung
- Breast and GYN pathology
- Molecular diagnostics
- Laboratory management and leadership
- Magda Esebua, MD; Natasha Pollak, MD; Jerry W Templer, MD; Alberto A Diaz-Arias, MD. "Chronic Painful Parotitis with Episodic Inflammation, Obstruction of Major Ducts and Sparing of Acini. A New Histopathologic entity?" Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, August 2005, P204.
- Magda Esebua, MD, Julian E Losanoff, MD, Saed Jaber, MD, Michael Perry, MD, and Edward R. Sauter, MD, PhD. “Primary Angiosarcoma of the Breast: Do Enlarged Axillary Nodes Matter?” The Breast Journal, Volume 12 Number 4, 2006 371-374.
- Deeken CR, Magda Esebua, MD; SA Grant, Ph.D; S.L. Backman, Deeken, B.S.. “Assessment of the Biocompatibility of Two Novel, BioNanocomposite Scaffolds in a Rodent Model. J. Biomed Mater ResB application. 2011 Feb; 96(2):351-9.
- Deiter Duff, pathology resident; Magda Esebua, MD CD-117 negative epitheliod Gatrointestonal Stromal Tumor. Cytologic Features and Pitfalls. Case report and differential diagnosis with literature review. Check Samples in Cytopathology, ASCP, 2011.
- Okmonobi Shuaib, MD; Magda Esebua, MD. Intrapancreatic accessory spleen EUS FNA, cytomorphologic feature and pitfalls. 2 cases report with differential diagnosis and review of literature. Check samples in Cytopathology, ASCP, 2012.