Associate Professor; Director of Anatomic Pathology
AB (magna cum laude), Biology, Greenville College, Greenville, IL
MD, Southern Illinois University, Springfield, IL
Residency, University of Missouri Health Care, Columbia
Fellowship, Surgical Pathology, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
Associate Professor, Department of Pathology, University of Missouri-Columbia
Certifications: Anatomic pathology; Cytopathology
- tumor diagnosis
- surgical pathology
Research description: Dr. Loy is interested in surgical pathology, particularly tumor diagnosis and the correlation between lifestyle and disease.
- Loy TS, Calaluce RD: Utility of cytokeratin immunostaining in separating pulmonary adenocarcinomas frm colonic adenocarcinomas. American Journal of Clinical Pathology 102: 764-767, 1994.
- Loy TS, Darkow GVD, Quensenberry JT: Immunostaining in the diagnosis of pulmonary neuroendocrine carcinomas: an immunohistochemical study with ultrastructural correlations. American Journal of Surgical Pathology 19: 173-182, 1995.
- Loy TS: Distribution of 66.4.C2 immunoreactivity in adenocarcinomas and transitional cell carcinomas: an immunohistochemical study of 506 cases. Applied Immunohistochem 6: 97-100, 1998.
- Loy TS, Phillips RW, Linder CL: A103 immunostaining in the diagnosis of adrenal cortical tumors: an immunohistochemical study of 316 cases. Arch Pathology Lab Medicine 126: 170-172, 2002.
- Loy TS, Kaplin PA: Villous adenocarcinomas of the colon and rectum: A clinicopathologic study of 36 cases. American Journal of Surgical Pathology 28: 1460-1465, 2004.